Saturday, January 11, 2014

starting again

As I lay here in bed, at 6 am, unable to go back to sleep for the past 2 hours (sick as a dog, with a head cold that just won't quit), all of these thoughts keep flooding through my head and just won't stop. Then i kept thinking about one of my favorite blogs I  follow, and the new blog she started as a sort of 'brain dump' or as a way to stay accountable to herself. I kept thinking 'man, i sure love that idea, but, meh, I don't have *time* to blog'. But here I am, just laying down, unable to stop this flood of thoughts from getting through. Might as well take advantage of this down time (stuck, laying next to my little sick baby, Sophia). Normally, I'd scroll through Facebook, maybe find a good article to read,  or check my e-mail (most of which is a big time waster for me) But i just keep thinking 'maybe getting some of these thoughts out will help ease the pain from the non stop, million miles an hour, words constantly going through my head'.  Funny enough, back when i first started this blog, i was thinking it might be a good place to 'brain dump', and post articles i had an interest in. Almost sort of a public, online journal - which i guess is pretty much what blogging is about (some genius i thought i was ;). Hopefully this time around I'll be a little more successful. My last blog post was in 2009. Only a 4+ year hiatus.... sounds about right for me. I get these great ideas, or hopes of doing some cool thing, stick to it for a bit, and then totally forget, or get sick/tired of it, and move onto something else. Yes, I'm definitely a fad junkie (which needs an entire post of it's own). I'm also a big *starter*. As in, i start lots of things, but never finish most of them. I used to (along with the rest of the world) call this a quitter. In hopes of being a more positive person, and helping my self esteem/self worth, I'd like to just call myself a starter ;)
For anyone reading this, here's a disclaimer for what to expect (or not expect) from this blog:
1- using correct comma placement is not my forte- bare with me.
2- I don't always use quotations correctly, so sue me ;)
2A- I use these things a lot (probably incorrect, over usage) - - - (what the heck are those things called anyway?)
2B- I (OVER) use parentheses, like to an (almost) annoying amount.
2C- maybe one day I'll take a writing class to help with 1- 2B. But probably not, cause i really disliked English/writing classes growing up.
3- I'm a lover of words, but am terrible with them- i could never be a writer.
4- although i have a few 'word usage' pet peeves (there, their, they're. Your, you're. Then, than), I in no way claim to use any/all words correctly, so please stop reading right now if you will lose sleep over this. Seriously. Stop. You ain't gonna find sophisticated writing here ;)
5 (or 2D)- I just noticed i use these a lot too /   /   /
6- most posts will probably be from my phone = random words missing, weird spaces, who knows what else. My phone has a mind of it's own sometimes.
7- I  like lists. They will most likely frequent here.
8- I don't know how to place paragraphs properly. That's where lists and run on paragraphs come in to play (that's a thing, right? Run on paragraphs? Like run on sentences, which I'm also pretty good at ;)

 If i go more than a week without posting, please cyber slap me, and remind me why I started, and re-started this blog =)
If you've read this far, uh, thanks? Congratulations?
Hopefully this is just the beginning of many many helpful (to me) posts. If it somehow helps someone else along the way, great, but this blog is honestly for my own selfish needs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment